Healing times depend on how well you heal and the size of the design. This can range anywhere from a couple of weeks for simple, small line designs, to several months for complex, larger designs.
We recommend an aftercare process designed to help your tattoo heal without risk of infection, scabbing or loss of colour. Follow our aftercare procedure exactly and your tattoo will heal quickly, beautifully and comfortably. If you do not follow the aftercare as we recommend it. We will not be able to provide free touch-ups on your tattoo.
1. Leave the bandage on for at least 2-3 hours.
2. Always wash your hands well before you handle your tattoo.
3. Carefully remove the bandage and gently wash your new tattoo with H2Ocean Blue Green Liquid soap or Blue Green Foam soap using lukewarm water. If the bandage sticks to your new tattoo soak it with water and gently remove it. Do not use a washcloth or anything abrasive. Your hand is your best tool in this case.
4. Blot dry using only a paper towel. Do not rub your tattoo. Let it air dry for 10 minutes.
5. Cover your tattoo with our approved tattoo aftercare product such as H2Ocean Ocean Care Cream or Ocean Foam Do not use any petroleum based products as they can clog pores and slow the healing process of a tattoo. Touch ups are free within 3 months providing you purchase and use H2Ocean, and follow our aftercare instructions. Does not include hands, feet or face.
6. Once your tattoo’s initial covering is removed, do not cover it again during the healing process. Your tattoo will need to be exposed to the air in order to heal.
7. Wash the tattoo at least three times a day for the first week. Apply the aftercare product 5-6 times a day especially when you feel that the tattoo is dry. Keeping it moisturized will ensure the least amount of scabbing and peeling.
8. Do not swim, soak in a hot tub or take a bath for a minimum of two weeks.
9. Do not allow your new tattoo to be exposed to the sun as this will fade the colour and damage it.
10. Your new tattoo WILL become itchy as it heals. DO NOT SCRATCH OR PICK AT YOUR NEW TATTOO AS YOU WILL DAMAGE IT.
11. A slight amount of swelling, redness, heat at the tattoo site and slight pain is normal after a tattoo. If swelling, redness, heat at the tattoo site and/or pain persist or increase after several days OR if you develop a fever seek medical attention. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us (519) 307-4400.