All That Remains Tattoo Studio Aftercare Instructions
Keep in mind that before your new tattoo begins peeling it is essentially an open wound and needs to be treated as such. Give your tattoo the time and attention it needs to heal properly. Engaging in actions such as swimming, tanning, and general disregard for your tattoo are done at your own peril.
- Day Of Tattoo
- The artist will apply the Saniderm Protective Tattoo Film which should be left on the skin up to 24-48 hours max.. Do not remove the bandage until you can properly cleanse the tattoo with mild soap and warm/hot water. Rinse it well with water, sloughing off as much of the slimy coating that may have formed underneath the bandage. Gently pat dry with a clean paper towel. The tattoo should not be re-bandaged unless you are instructed to do otherwise by your artist. Fragrance free liquid Dial Gold soap is recommended for cleansing the skin.
- Days 2 & 3
- Between 24-48 Hours you can remove the film. Make sure you carefully wash the area with warm/hot water and, and peel all four sides of the film. Slowly peel the film off. Once removed you can properly cleanse the tattoo with mild soap and warm/hot water. Rinse it well with water. The tattoo should not be re-bandaged unless you are instructed to do otherwise by your artist. Fragrance free liquid Dial soap is recommended for cleansing the skin.
- Days 3 & 4
- Apply the appropriate aftercare product (HUSTLEBUTTER DELUXE) to the tattoo for this time period.
- Days 5 & 6
- Apply the appropriate moisturizing cream (HUSTLEBUTTER DELUXE, H2OCEAN, AFTER INKED, EVER INK, AVEENO) to the tattoo as needed 3-5 times a day when the area feels tight or dry. Massage a very small amount of product into the skin to keep the tattoo slightly moist, but NOT smothered/overly saturated. Use just enough product to make the tattoo slightly shiny and blot off any excess. Your skin needs to breathe and preventing it from doing so can result in a longer healing period and/or excess scabbing. To ensure that excess moisture is not trapped under the surface, blot and air-dry after each washing
- The tattooed skin will feel like a sunburn. When the tattoo has fully entered the heavy peeling phase the area will become dry and itchy, but it is very important NOT TO PICK OR SCRATCH AT YOUR TATTOO. A high quality, fragrance-free lotion can be used during this stage until the skin returns to its normal texture. Everyone's skin is different and heals at different rates. Proper nutrition (fresh fruits, vegetables, etc.) and plenty of sleep each night will aid in your body’s ability to heal itself. Staying hydrated during and after a tattoo session is also important. It is normal for the line work in your new tattoo to be raised for the first month following your tattoo session. In most cases the skin will go back down to its normal smoothness 1 – 2 months after the day of your tattoo.